Tuesday 2 January 2018

Woosh, it's over!

Well that went by fast!
Nathan went back to school today and he was not a happy camper. He was actually a very cold camper!

Here's some of our December.
This is the poinsettia "tree" in our mall. Although the one I remember growing up with was much taller and thinner. 


The family picture after Christmas Mass.


Christmas eve watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - always a winner! Too bad we didn't have any eggnog to join them.


Oooh, Father Christmas dropped by!


Ming enjoying her catnip teabag.


Max on a little catnip high!


My girlfriend came over with her new pup to have dinner with us on Christmas Day.


This...
I ordered this dragon shelf from Randal Spangler in October while at a craft show. It came in November and I had to wait until Christmas to open it, but it was worth it, I love it!
I still have to hang it in my craft room, but Max needed to inspect it first.


I didn't ask for any stitchy stuff, since I have enough to keep my busy for quite a while, but my girlfriend gave me this knowing I love dragons. I LOVE IT! The colours are so beautiful.

After Christmas, we headed to DC to see the National Christmas tree. We ended up visiting a couple of the museums and seeing the tree at a distance.

A cold day for a family selfie!


We went to a family party on the 30th, and look what I found on their tree. I made this over 20 years ago! I was slacking though, I never made her younger sister one, oops.


I finished this on New Year's Eve for our friends who joined us that evening. I used two patterns I had. It's kind of cramped, but I guess it worked.


Wishing you a wonderful New Year, may it bring you everything you hope for!

12 comments:

Karyn said...

Looks like a wonderful holiday season, Astrid, with the blessing of family and friends all around. The Poinsettia tree is fabulous, as is your own tree.
Ming and Max are so cute, I used to love watching our cats after a little catnip play time.
Beautiful stitched ornaments, both old and new as well as the dragon stitchy gift...looking forward to watching it be stitched.
Your shelf is beautiful! I give you a lot of credit waiting until Christmas to open it...I would have done so a lot sooner LOL.
Your pics are wonderful, thanks for sharing!
Hugs for a very Happy New Year.

Sheryl said...

Great post Astrid, what a wonderful poinsettia tree and family photos. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas week and what a gorgeous dragon shelf to treasure and new pattern to stitch, Happy New Year.

Justine said...

Happy New Year Astrid! Looks like you've had a great time with your family. The poinsettia tree is wonderful!

Katie said...

What a great Christmas. Thanks for sharing. It did go fast. Now I need to clean and organize things to make room for my new stuff. Yet here I sit catching up on blogs haha. Happy New Year. I hope you enjoy your 2018!

Debbie W. said...

LOVE your Christmas pictures! That poinsettia tree at the Mall is definitely not as tall and thin as it used to be. :) I also love your friend's new pup - we just adopted what appears to be a very similar pup, only in a black version. :)

Happy New Year, and hope to see you at the book club!

Julie said...

Lovely poinsettia tree.
Lovely family pictures.
Happy New Year, hope it's full of fun and happy times

Linda said...

Looks like you and your family had a wonderful holiday Astrid.

Happy New Year,
Linda

Anna van Schurman said...

You didn't miss anything seeing the National tree at a distance! What a nice gift from your friend. But I do think you should stitch an ornament for the other sister. LOL Happy new year!

Barb said...

What great pictures. It looks like you had a great Christmas time. The family photo after Christmas Mass was wonderful. I also loved seeing the pictures of your trip to DC. I hope 2018 will be a great year for you and your family.

Faith... said...

Looks like you had a fabulous Christmas! You have a beautiful family and home.

Poor Nathan having to go back to school on such a cold day! I have been watching the weather and it is crazy. I am so glad I live in a warm place. Jacob is still off and doesn't go back until the 8th! Great gifts you received and I am so glad that Max approved!

Bethan said...

Looks like you had a really lovely Christmas - and I love your tree! So very colourful! Happy New Year x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely Christmas photos. Your tree is gorgeous! So is the new shelf.

My older son had to go back to school one day before the younger one. He was NOT happy about that and the little one was quite confused too! For one thing, his brother was awake before lunchtime which has become most unusual!